Grants Management Modernization (GMM) program aims to transform the way FEMA manages grants, strengthening FEMA’s ability to execute its mission through a user-centered, business-driven approach. GMM is a FEMA-wide initiative to modernize and consolidate existing FEMA grants management systems and business processes into a single IT platform, based on a streamlined and unified grants management lifecycle using an iterative development approach.
GMM is working in support of FEMA’s existing grants programs. To be redirected to existing grants program resources, please see FEMA’s Grants page.
What is GMM?
FEMA has begun an effort to transform the way it operates grants. The Grants Management Modernization (GMM) initiative seeks to simplify and coordinate business management approaches across all of the agency's grants programs by establishing a common grants life cycle and platform for users.
The key objectives for the initiative are:
- Simplify the grants life cycle process.
- Improve the timeliness of funding to support survivors and facilitate community resiliency.
- Improve the allocation of grant funds across the emergency management community.
- Streamline and improve business performance by improving business processes and supporting decision-making.
- Improve business intelligence and decision-making by increasing access to data.
- Facilitate compliance with regulations and statutes.
- Reduce overall sustainment costs by consolidating legacy systems into a single grants management IT platform.
- User-centered, business-driven approach to grants transformation founded on active engagement with all grants stakeholders.
For more information regarding the program, please review our GMM Frequency Asked Questions
What We're Working On?
To learn more about what we are working on, please review What is GMM Increment 1?
FEMA will continue to engage stakeholders on updates and changes to the grant process. For questions about this effort, email firstname.lastname@example.org