We provide our employees with a first-class benefit package, including health insurance, life insurance, retirement, 10 paid holidays per year, vacation time, and more. In addition, we offer training/career development opportunities, and flexible work schedules.
Benefits We Offer
Health and Insurance
We offer a variety of coverage to employees, including:
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care Health Care
Learn more about federal benefits.
Vacation Time and Sick Leave
We offer generous vacation and sick leave benefits, as well as 10 paid holidays per year to our employees.
During declared disasters employees are compensated for working additional hours beyond their 40-hour work week.
We provide a comprehensive retirement benefits plan, called the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS has three components:
1. Basic Retirement Benefit (Annuity)
2. Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), which is a 401(k)-type plan with choice of investment funds and government-matching contributions up to five percent.
3. Social Security
Former federal employees covered under the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS), please check the CSRS information on OPM.gov.
Training and Career Development
We know that training and career growth are important to you. We offer challenging, interesting and meaningful work, as well as a variety of training and professional development opportunities.
- FEMA Education Knowledge Center, as well as our renowned Emergency Management Institute (EMI), provides in-person training and access to thousands of e-learning courses in management, leadership development, project management and IT.
- Our competitive development program provides future and current leaders with the skills and development opportunities required to meet our agency’s evolving needs.
Survivor benefits may be payable to a surviving spouse upon the death of an active federal employee. If you are a relative or employee reporting the death of a FEMA employee, we are very sorry for your loss.
An "active federal employee" means that at the time of the employee’s death, the employee was still on the agency’s pay rolls. Benefits may also be payable to surviving children and former spouses depending on the situation.
A benefits counselor will provide specific information to the family members. To contact the benefits staff, please send an email email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Deceased name
- Date of death
- Your contact information, including name and phone number
- Supervisor’s contact information, including name and phone number