alert - warning

This page has not been translated into ગુજરાતી. Visit the ગુજરાતી page for resources in that language.

Connecticut State and Local Level Referrals

When a disaster occurs, local governments often work together with community leaders and organizations to provide on-the-ground emergency management. You may also reference our national-level referrals list.

Please contact us with questions or corrections.

For reference, the local resources we list provide disaster recovery services in the categories noted below.

checkmark icon

For reference, see the full list of disaster recovery service categories covered in the below local resource list.

These resources are provided solely for the information of individuals using this page. When you go to another website you are subject to its privacy policies. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

Connecticut State and Local Level Referrals

Use the "Search" field to look for categories or types of assistance.

CategoryEntityType of AssistanceTelephone Number
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesConnecticut Department of  Rehabilitation ServicesInformation on state and public resources available for people with disabilities. 800-537-2549
TDD/TTY 860-424-4839
VP: 860-920-7163
Access and Functional Needs and DisabilitiesConnecticut Department of  Social ServicesPrograms and services for Health and Human Services, Health and Home Care,  Disability Services, and Children, Family, and Older Adults 211
Benefits Center: 855-626-6632
General Information:800-842-1508
TDD/TTY 800-842-4524
Aging ServicesConnecticut Department on Aging Services Division  - General Information  This service links those who need assistance with state and local area agencies on aging and community-based organization.800-537-2549
Aging ServicesConnecticut Department of  Social ServicesPrograms and services for Health and Human Services, Health and Home Care,  Disability Services, and Children, Family, and Older Adults 211
Benefits Center:855-626-6632
General Information: 800-842-1508
or 860-424-4908
TDD/TTY 800-842-4524
Agricultural AidConnecticut USDA Farm Service AgencyUSDA's Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides emergency loans to help producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought, flooding, other natural disasters, or quarantine.860-871-4090
Consumer ServicesConnecticut Office of Attorney General - Department of Consumer ProtectionInformation on price gouging and consumer complaint services.860-808-5318
ContractorsConnecticut Department of Consumer Protection - License Service DivisionContractor's license verification and consumer complaints services. Online live chat available. 860-713-6100
TDD 860-713-7240
Online live chat
Crisis CounselingConnecticut Suicide & Crisis Hotline(info line)24-hour and toll-free suicide prevention service available to all those in suicidal crisis who are seeking help.  Directory of crisis lines and mental health services in Connecticut.Emergency: 911
Online directory of local offices
Crisis CounselingConnecticut Mental Health Center - New Haven - 24/hr Crisis LineWebsite Finding Services Map locator. 24-hour and toll-free suicide prevention service available to all those in suicidal crisis who are seeking help.Emergency: 911
Hearing Impaired 860-418-6707
Disaster Specific  InformationConnecticut State Division of Emergency Management & Homeland Security  (CT DEMHS) State Emergency Management updates, notifications, plans and public guidance. 860-685-8541
Disaster Unemployment AssistanceState of Connecticut Unemployment Compensation BenefitsWhen Disaster Unemployment Assistance is activated, the agency will provide disaster information.  This assistance provides weekly benefit payments to those out of work due to the disaster, including self-employed persons, farm and ranch owners, and others not covered under regular unemployment insurance programs.860-263-6000
Essential NeedsConnecticut Department of  Social Services: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance ProgramPrograms and services for Health and Human Services, Programs include Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), other nutrition programs, and public assistance benefits.211
Benefits Center: 855-626-6632
General Information: 800-842-1508
TDD/TTY 800-842-4524
Essential NeedsConnecticut Department of Public Health:  WIC Program (Women, Infants, & Children)Nutrition evaluation and monthly vouchers to receive free supplemental, highly nutritious foods such as cereal, cheese, milk, eggs, peanut butter and dried beans.  860-509-8084
Public Health Information:
Essential NeedsConnecticut Food BankWebsite has Pantry locator.  Referrals to organizations providing emergency food assistance during the disaster. Serving Fairfield, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London and Windham.203-469-5000
Family & Protective ServicesConnecticut Department of Children & Families Individuals concerned with children at risk for abuse and neglect.  Connecticut has a single point of contact statewide for the reporting of suspected child abuse and neglect. Emergency: 911
Careline:  800-842-2288
TDD 800-624-5518
Family & Protective ServicesConnecticut Department of Health and Human Services:  Protective Services for the ElderlyConnecticut has a coordinated system to support the safety and well-being of elders who may be subject to various forms of maltreatment.  This system includes the Protective Services for the Elderly (PSE) program.  The PSE program is designed to safeguard people 60 years and older from physical, mental and emotional abuse, neglect (including self-neglect), abandonment and/or financial abuse and exploitationEmergency: 911
PSE: 888-385-4225
After Hours: 211
Out of State 24/7 at 800-203-1234
Financial AssistanceConnecticut Department of Social ServicesInformation on filing for state financial assistance.  Economic Security, The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), The State Supplement Cash Assistance, State Administered General Assistance (SAGA) Cash Assistance211
Benefits Center: 855-626-6632
General Information:  800-842-1508
TDD/TTY 800-842-4524
Financial AssistanceU.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Customer Service Center (SBA)Low interest mortgages, personal property, and economic injury loans are available to homeowners, renters, and business owners affected by the disaster.800-659-2955 TTY: 800-877-8339
Health Care ServicesConnecticut Department of Social Services: Health and Home CareInformation on Health and Home Care, includes health care services, long term services and support and state Medicaid, and Medicare Savings Program.211
Benefits Center: 855-626-6632
General Information: 800-842-1508
TDD/TTY: 800-842-4524
Health Care ServicesConnecticut Healthcare for Children and Adults (HUSKY)HUSKY Health encompasses Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).  HUSKY Health is the State of Connecticut’s public health coverage program for eligible children, parents, relative caregivers, elders, individuals with disabilities, adults without dependent children, and pregnant women.  General Information:
HUSKY Member Services:
Housing InformationSocial Serve: ConnecticutHousing Locator and Disaster Housing Intervention877-428-8844 // 704-334-8722
Relay Service 711
Information & ReferralState of ConnecticutConnecticut's Official State Website. Links to all State Departments and Agencies.Web referral only:
InsuranceConnecticut  Insurance DepartmentGeneral insurance information and fraud reporting services.860-297-3800
Legal ServicesConnecticut Bar AssociationInformation and referrals to attorneys providing legal services to individuals affected by a disaster.860-223-4400
Legal ServicesGreater Hartford Legal Aid, IncInformation and referrals to attorneys providing free and reduced fee legal services to individuals affected by a disaster.860-541-5000
Legal ServicesStatewide Legal Services of Connecticut (for legal aid screening for all Connecticut Agencies) Information and referrals to attorneys providing free and reduced fee legal services to individuals affected by a disaster.800-453-3320
Middleton/Hartford:  860-344-0380
Tax PreparationConnecticut Department. of Revenue Services:  Information LineState tax information assistance for individuals and businesses860-297-5962
800-382-9463 in State
TDD/TT:   860-297-4911 
Veterans ServicesConnecticut Department of Veteran Affairs: Information lineInformation regarding veteran benefits including pensions, medical care, home loans, burial, and life insurance.860-616-3600
Vital StatisticsConnecticut  Department of Motor Vehicles Duplicate drivers licenses, auto registration and titles service. 860-263-5700
In state: 800-842-8222
Outside CT 860-263-5700
Vital Statistics   
Vital StatisticsConnecticut Department of Public Health: Vital Records OfficeReplacement birth/death/marriage certificates and other vital document services. Online Town Vital Records Directory.860-509-7700

Referrals Last Updated: May 2024