This page has not been translated into 简体中文. Visit the 简体中文 page for resources in that language.
Puerto Rico Earthquakes
灾难期: 12月 28, 2019 - 7月 3, 2020
日宣布日期: 1月 16, 2020
Now Closed: Period to Apply for Disaster Assistance
The last day for individuals and families to apply for assistance after this disaster has passed. You are no longer able to begin a new claim.
To check the status on a previously submitted claim, visit DisasterAssistance.gov.
会收到 FEMA 邮寄或电邮的通知信。可能需要核实身份或完成住房检查。由于 COVID-19 并需要保护员工和幸存者的安全和健康，所有检查都将通过电话进行。
“灾后援助”小册子已翻译成 27 种语言，是一种可在社区分发的工具，用于帮助公众了解可在灾后复原中支持个人和家庭的 FEMA 援助类型。
处理与 FEMA 的事务
如有兴趣提供有偿服务和救灾物资，请先 访问处理与 FEMA 的事务页面。
Puerto Rico Location Page
- Free legal aid available to eligible Puerto Rico residents affected by the earthquakes that began in December. Click here for more information.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance is available for individuals who lost their jobs because of the earthquakes in southwest Puerto Rico and live or work in any of the 25 municipalities FEMA approved for assistance may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits. Click here for more information.
- As of February 6, 2020: Nine additional municipalities that were affected by the earthquakes in southwest Puerto Rico have been designated as eligible for FEMA’s Individual Assistance program. At the request of the Government of Puerto Rico, FEMA extended eligibility for Individual Assistance to Arecibo, Ciales, Hormigueros, Juana Díaz, Las Marías, Mayagüez, Morovis, Orocovis and Sabana Grande under the January 16 presidential disaster declaration.
- As of March 29, 2021: The municipality of Rincón was designated as eligible for FEMA’s Individual Assistance program. Survivors have until May 24, 2021 to apply for assistance.
By The Numbers
Stay up to date with our weekly funding updates
For more information on getting assistance after a disaster visit our Individual Assistance page
Disaster Recovery Center Locations
Due to COVID-19, centers are operating by appointment if you wish to speak with a FEMA representative in person. If you are delivering documents, you may do so through the drive-thru service. call FEMA at 1(800) 621-3362 o 1 (800) 642-7585 (TTY) or visit www.disasterassistance.gov to make an appointment.
Distaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) serve homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained damage as a result of the recent earthquakes in Southwest Puerto Rico. Specialists from the government of Puerto Rico and municipalities, FEMA, the U.S. Small Business Administration, nongovernmental organizations and the local community, will be on hand to help survivors register for assistance, answer questions and provide information on the types of assistance available to survivors. Services are provided in English and Spanish. The centers are open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
SBA Business Recovery Centers
Assistance With Coping After An Earthquake
Tips to help lessen anxiety
- Staying connected with your family and your closest friends.
- Check on your neighbors, especially people who may need help like seniors, parents with young children and people with disabilities.
If you are feeling anxious or stressed, call the Primera Ayuda Sicosocial at 800-981-0023 and meet with a crisis counselor.
For more information read our Coping After an Earthquake: Only You Can Determine Your Healing Time news release.
FEMA has approved crisis counseling assistance for residents of Guánica, Guayanilla, Peñuelas, Ponce, Utuado and Yauco.
FEMA is funding the crisis counseling program, which is administered by Proyecto Animate. The program’s goal is to help people and communities to recover from the effects of natural or man-made disasters through short-term intervention.
In addition to the counselors at the disaster recovery centers and base camps, counselors can be reached by calling Línea PAS at 800-981-0023 or (TTY) 800-672-7622, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For more infomation read our Crisis Counseling Approved for Six Municipalities in Southwest Puerto Rico news release.
|住房援助 (HA) 总额 - 获批金额||$74,615,046.24|
|其他需求援助 (ONA) 总额 - 获批金额||$2,212,155.37|
|Emergency Work (Categories A-B) - Dollars Obligated||$433,310,861.39|
|Permanent Work (Categories C-G) - Dollars Obligated||$402,282,869.52|
|减灾赠款补助金计划 (HMGP) - 保留金额||$19,291,879.69|