The Community Assistance Program – State Support Services Element (CAP- SSSE) program provides funding to states to provide technical assistance to communities in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and to evaluate community performance in implementing NFIP floodplain management activities.
CAP-SSSE aligns with and supports Presidential Policy Directive 8 - to Strengthen National Preparedness and Resilience. CAP- SSSE strives to leverage state knowledge and expertise to provide support to communities through activities that most effectively reduce flood losses.
Fundable CAP-SSSE Activities
- Assistance to Communities in Responding to Disasters
- Community Assistance Visits (CAVs) and Community Assistance Contacts (CACs)
- Community Information System (CIS) Entry
- Community Rating System (CRS) Support
- Coordination with Other Programs and Agencies
- Endangered Species Act (ESA) activities
- Enrollment of Communities
- Floodplain Management Regulation Assistance
- General Technical Assistance
- Mapping Coordination Assistance
- Outreach, Workshops and Other Training
- Selection of Communities that Receive CACs, CAVs, Trainings, or other Technical Assistance
- State Model Regulation Updates and Monitoring of State Regulatory Environment