Learn about regulatory flood map products, including:
- Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs or flood maps)
- Flood Insurance Studies
- FIRM databases.
- Preliminary Flood Hazard Data
- National Flood Hazard Layer
The Risk MAP program promotes planning and development practices to help reduce that risk.
- Explore products provide a more user-friendly analysis of flood risks.
- View existing Risk MAP projects in a list or interactive map.
- Discover what Risk MAP can mean for your community.
To help understand the realities of levee risk, FEMA provides community outreach tools and construction guidelines related to levee risk.
The High Water Mark Initiative is a community-based awareness program that increases local communities’ awareness of flood risk and encourages action to mitigate that risk.
To protect against floods, it is important to know the risks your area faces, the role you play in minimizing these risks and the actions you can take to protect your community.