To build an empowered, experienced and engaged workforce, promote organizational alignment and collaboration, and mature and optimize business processes. Our vision is to be recognized for excellence as an innovative financial management leader within the Department of Homeland Security while consistently delivering first class service and solutions.
- Plan, formulate, justify, analyze, and execute FEMA’s operating, mitigation and disaster budgets; and determine multi-year financial requirements for public assistance, individual assistance, and hazard mitigation projects for open disasters through our Budget Planning and Analysis Division and Field-Based Operations Unit.
- Provide integrated technology management for all financial system-related matters; develop, procure, integrate, modify, operate and maintain the Agency’s financial systems; and modernize the current financial management information technology infrastructure through our Financial Systems Division.
- Manage financial controls, operations, and policy; prepare, review and consolidate of agency financial statements; and implement the Agency’s internal controls program through our Financial Management Division.
How We Do It
We are committed to providing solutions to enable our core mission, while growing beyond it. We accept full responsibility for every action we take and we answer to disaster survivors, our peers and our stakeholders. We openly share information to ensure efficient and effective solutions. We take initiative and manage calculated risks to address legacy issues in innovative ways.
- Empowerment - We foster a ‘take the initiative’ culture to develop innovative solutions.
- Ownership/Accountability - We accept full responsibility for every action we take to celebrate accomplishments, while we answer to survivors, our peers and our stakeholders.
- Growth Beyond Core Competencies - We continually seek professional growth opportunities to better the organization and ourselves.
Chief Financial Officer
Benjamin D. Moncarz
Deputy Chief Financial Officer