The Emergency Management Institute offers courses designed to enhance capabilities of State, local, and Tribal government officials, voluntary organizations, the public and private sectors, and others to minimize the impact of disasters and emergencies on the American public. More than a hundred online courses are available. The following are recommended for organizations and their volunteers.
- IS-7, A Citizen’s Guide to Disaster Assistance
- IS-26 Guide to Points of Distribution
- IS-42 Social Media in Emergency Management
- IS-100.b, Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-200.b, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700.a, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-800.b, National Response Framework, An Introduction
- IS 230.b, Fundamentals of Emergency Management
- IS-244.a, Developing and Managing Volunteers
- IS 806, Emergency Support Function (ESF) #6 - Mass Care, Emergency Assistance, Housing, and Human Services
- IS-403, Introduction to Individual Assistance (IA)
Donations and Volunteer Management Course
Disclaimer: FEMA does not endorse any private or non-profit entities, but provides this data on its web site for informational purposes only.