FEMA's Public Assistance resources and tools page allow state, local and tribal governments to maintain a greater working knowledge of the Agency’s processes and enhance the Nation’s level of resilience and preparedness.
Cost Estimating Format resources
CEF Information Update
- March 2007 - CEF Implementation Memo
- Expert Panel On Cost Estimating
- Briefing Presentation (White Background PPT 497 KB, Blue Background PPT 498 KB, TXT 11 KB)
- Sample State Administrative Plan (PDF 222KB, TXT 45KB)
Laws and Legislation
Public Assistance Interim Guidance on the new Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards “Super Circular” (2 C.F.R Part 200).
- Fire Management Assistance Grant Program Interim Guidance on 2 C.F.R. Part 200 (PDF 8.32MB)
- Public Assistance Program Interim Guidance on 2 C.F.R. Part 200 (PDF 2.99MB)
- Office of Management & Budget Circulars
- OMB A-21: Cost Principles for Educational Institution
- OMB A-87: Cost Principles for State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments
- OMB A-102: Grants and Cooperative Agreements with State and Local Governments
- OMB A-110: Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations
- OMB A-122: Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations
- OMB A-133: Audits of States, Local Governments, & Non-Profit Organizations
Public Assistance Procurement and Contracting Resources
If you are a state, tribe, local government or private non-profit seeking reimbursement from FEMA for Public Assistance work, then there are federal procurement requirements that you must adhere to when contracting for the completion of that work.
- FEMA Procurement ToolBox Series: Private Nonprofits (PNP) Requirements of 2 C.F.R. §§ 215.40-48 (PDF 60.3KB)
- FEMA Procurement ToolBox Series: Local and Indian Tribal Government Requirements of 44 C.F.R. §13.36 (PDF 210.25KB)
- Procurement Under Grants PA Policy: 40-minute narrated presentation that will familiarize you with the major procurement-related requirements imposed by federal regulations on Public Assistance grantees and subgrantees, as well as the potential consequences of non-compliance.
Facts and Statistics
Public Assistance Grant Program trends