The Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM) program provides funds to states, territories, Indian tribal governments, communities, and universities for hazard mitigation planning and the implementation of mitigation projects prior to a disaster event.
Funding these plans and projects reduces overall risks to the population and structures, while also reducing reliance on funding from actual disaster declarations. PDM grants are to be awarded on a competitive basis and without reference to state allocations, quotas, or other formula-based allocation of funds.
Eligible Applicants and/or Subapplicants:
• Local governments
• Indian tribes or other tribal organizations
Individual homeowners and businesses may not apply directly to the program; however an eligible Applicant or Subapplicant may apply on their behalf.
***PDM New Updates
10/19/13 - The PDM application period is now closed.
07/2013 - The updated Fiscal Year 2013 Unified Hazard Mitigation Assistance Guidance is now available.
FEMA will open the PDM and FMA application period on July 19, 2013 and close the application period on October 18, 2013.
Please go to www.grants.gov for the PDM and FMA Funding Opportunity Announcements.
Funding Opportunity Annoucement - FY2013 PDM Program:
Applicants will be limited to 5 subapplications (project and planning) plus a management costs subapplication
The following Agency priorities for funding will be used for PDM selections:
1. The #1 ranked subapplication in each State and Territory if the subapplication is within the 1% set-aside or $250,000. If the #1 ranked subapplication is greater than $250,000 that subapplication will be considered after all other State and Territory set-asides are selected.
2. Planning Subapplications
3. Indian Tribal Government Subapplications
4. Non flood projects from Applicants with no open HMGP declaration
5. Non-flood projects from Applicants with an open HMGP declaration
6. Flood mitigation projects