This page contains information on how to order technical & administrative support data created as part of flood hazard mapping projects undertaken through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Some of this data is highly technical in nature and may require an engineering or hydrological background in order to fully take advantage the information. Other support information is more administrative and procedural. This page also contains information about accessing formally published NFIP flood hazard products, including maps, reports and geospatial databases.
Products Available from the FEMA Engineering Library
A variety of technical and administrative support data are generated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), FEMA contractors, mapping partners, conditional and final map revision requesters and conditional and final map amendment requesters. These data and FEMA publications related to the processing of the following may be obtained from the FEMA Engineering Library:
- FEMA-contracted studies and restudies, including studies and restudies performed by participants in the FEMA Cooperating Technical Partners (CTP) program
- Physical Map Revisions (PMRs)
- Conditional Letters of Map Amendment (CLOMAs)
- Letters of Map Amendment (LOMAs)
- Conditional Letters of Map Revision Based on Fill (CLOMR-Fs)
- Letters of Map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-Fs)
- Conditional Letters of Map Revision (CLOMRs)
- Letters of Map Revision (LOMRs)
Products Available from the FEMA Map Service Center
Digital copies of effective Flood Hazard Boundary Maps (FHBMs), Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs), Flood Insurance Rate Map Databases (FIRM DBs) and Flood Insurance Study (FIS) reports may be downloaded from the FEMA Flood Map Service Center (MSC). For more information on the flood hazard mapping products available from the MSC, you may contact the FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) toll free, either by telephone at 1-877-FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627) or by email at FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com.
How to Order Data from the FEMA Engineering Library
Requests for technical and administrative support data should be submitted to the FEMA Engineering Library in writing, either by mailing them to the address below or by facsimile transmission to 1-703-212-4090. The FIS Data Request Form has been created to help you request the appropriate data. That form also provides information on who is exempt from paying for these data. If you do not represent a fee-exempt organization, an initial non-refundable fee to cover the preliminary costs of research and retrieval is required. Your fee should be accompanied by a FEMA Payment Information Form.
FEMA Engineering Library
847 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
Once research has been completed (approximately 6 days), an information specialist will contact you to discuss materials, cost and methods of obtaining the items relevant to your request. You will be invoiced for the remainder of the required fees. No data will be provided to you until all required fees have been paid.
For More Information
For more information or additional assistance:
- Please e-mail a Map Specialist at FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com.
- Please call a Map Specialist in the FEMA Map Information eXchange toll free, at 1-877-FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627).
- Please register to receive updates on FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping activities, including updates on levee-related activities, via e-mail.