The FY 2012 FP&S AWARD ANNOUNCEMENTS have ended
VIEW AWARD LIST
Application Tools Available for Planning FP&S Grant Requests
- FY 2012 FP&S Funding Opportunity Announcement. Download and read this document to learn about the types of projects supported by the FP&S Grant Program, funding priorities, eligibility and evaluation criteria and requirements for grantees.
- FY 2012 FP&S Grants Get Ready Guide. This short guide will help you kick-start your FY 2012 FP&S grant application. It identifies and addresses the most important elements of all the grant application questions.
- FY 2012 FP&S Grants Self-Evaluation Sheet. This tool is based on the application scoring dimensions used by the FP&S peer reviewers. It can help you assess your organization's readiness to apply for a FY 2012 grant and assist you in planning your application.
- FY 2012 FP&S Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
System for Award Management (SAM) Registration is Required to Apply or Receive a Grant Award
- Please click here and complete the SAM registration as soon as possible. Applicants that have not completed the SAM registration process or have not completed the required annual renewal and revalidation of data, will not be able to draw grant funds.
- As part of the SAM.gov registration process, every eligible grantee must have their SAM.gov account validated through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and have their CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity) code validated in order to be eligible for award. These validations are conducted as part of the registration process after the organization has submitted their SAM.gov registration. A valid SAM.gov registration is now also required for any payment or amendment request to an existing, open award. A valid SAM.gov registration is now also required for any payment or amendment request to an existing, open award. If your department has not yet registered within SAM.gov, you are encouraged to do. SAM.gov is administered through the Government Services Administration (GSA). Technical assistance may be obtained through the Federal Service Desk at 866-606-8220. Please be advised
- Register your organization in the System for Award Management (SAM) (SAM.gov), which has replaced the Central Contractor Registry (CCR) system. You may submit an application without being registered in SAM but you will not be awarded a grant until you are registered in SAM. If you registered in the CCR previously, you don't have to do anything until that registration expires. Then you will validate and update your data, which will have been moved to the SAM.gov system. For questions about SAM, contact your State Assigned Grants Management Specialists.
- FP&S Grants Video. This video gives an overview of the FP&S Grant Program, describing the purpose of the grants, eligible activities and evaluation criteria.
- Community Risk Assessment Video. This video describes the different types of risk assessments that applicants can use and explains how the risk assessment's information can support grant requests. Community risk assessments are critical to creating an effective fire prevention and safety project and they are required to obtain a FP&S grant.
FP&S Success Stories
FP&S Award Announcements
Locate FP&S grant recipients by viewing the list of awardees. Questions regarding the FP&S Grants can be directed to the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Grant Programs Directorate (GPD) AFG Program staff at 1-866-274-0960 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to view the awards page
FP&S Research and Development (R&D) Grant Section Now Available
Learn more about the research projects funded through AFG and how they are working to improve firefighter safety and health
- Click here for more information