The primary goal of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) is to meet the firefighting and emergency response needs of fire departments and nonaffiliated emergency medical service organizations. Since 2001, AFG has helped firefighters and other first responders to obtain critically needed equipment, protective gear, emergency vehicles, training and other resources needed to protect the public and emergency personnel from fire and related hazards.
AFG Program Update
- FY 2013 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) Award Announcements Are Underway. View Award List
- To receive an AFG award, you must be registered and have up-to-date information in the online System for Award Management (Sam.gov) registration is required of all AFG Program applicants and awardees. Please go to SAM.gov/portal/public/SAM/ and follow the FAQs and User Guides for help in completing the registration process.
- AFG Success Stories
- If you are not currently receivingAFG Program E-Mail Alerts, be sure to sign up now on the E-Mail Alert signup page.
FY 2013 Application Assistance Tools
- FY 2013 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA)
- FY 2013 AFG Self Evaluation Operations and Safety
- FY 2013 AFG Get Ready Guide Application Narrative
- FY 2013 AFG Self Evaluation Vehicle Acquisition
- FY 2013 AFG Regional Workshop Presentation
- FY 2013 AFG Get Ready Guide Application Information
- Workshops delivered by live presentations or conference call with webinar
While the AFG Program Office strives to make the information contained in these videos as timely and accurate as possible, the videos were not intended to be used as substitutes for reading the latest Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) or guidance documents. The AFG program office makes no promises, claims or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the contents of these videos and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of these videos.
- AFG Vehicle Grants
This video was produced to provide an overview of how to apply for a vehicle grant, AFG's most competitive grant activity.
Duration: 17 minutes
- Procurement Integrity
This video was produced to provide an overview of proper contract procurement for grantees.
Duration: 17 minutes
- Getting a Grant
This video was produced to provide an overview of how to prepare a competitive grant application.
Duration: 22 minutes
- FY 2013 AFG Workshop Schedule
- FY 2013 AFG Workshop Presentation
- FY 2013 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- FY 2012 AFG Award List
- AFG Newsletter. Sign up to receive grant updates.
- AFG E-Mail Alerts
- Grant Closeout Updates
- Environmental Historic Preservation (EHP) Screening Form
AFG Economic Hardship Waiver Policy
The purpose of this guidance is to provide AFG and FP&S grantees with guidance on requesting a waiver or reduction of their non-federal funds cost share requirement, maintenance of effort requirement, or both, in cases of demonstrated economic hardship (an "Economic Hardship Waiver"). This guidance provides the minimum requirements for eligibility to request an Economic Hardship Waiver and the process and mechanism for requesting an Economic Hardship Waiver.
Please contact the AFG Program Help Desk with questions or comments by calling 1-866-274- 0960 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
System for Award Management (SAM) Registration is Required to Apply or Receive a Grant Award
- Applicants that have not completed the SAM registration process, or have not completed the required annual renewal and revalidation of data, will not be able to draw grant funds, or submit grant amendment requests. Every eligible grantee must have their SAM.gov account validated through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and have their CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity) code validated. These validations are conducted as part of the registration process after the organization has submitted their SAM.gov registration.
- Please click here to complete the SAM registration as soon as possible. For questions about SAM, contact your State Assigned Grants Management Specialists or visit our SAM resource page.
- SAM.gov is administered through the Government Services Administration (GSA). Technical assistance may be obtained through the Federal Service Desk at 866-606-8220.