The primary goal of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) is to meet the firefighting and emergency response needs of fire departments and nonaffiliated emergency medical service organizations. Since 2001, AFG has helped firefighters and other first responders to obtain critically needed equipment, protective gear, emergency vehicles, training and other resources needed to protect the public and emergency personnel from fire and related hazards.
Final Week to Apply. The FY 2013 AFG Application Period Closes on Friday, December 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM, EST
- Eligible applicants apply for AFG funding online via the e-Grants application at: https://portal.fema.gov. The application period will open Monday, November 4th, 2013 at 8 A.M. and close December 6th, 2013 at 5 P.M.
- System for Award Management (Sam.gov) registration is required of all AFG Program applicants and awardees .
- Applicants should review the FY 2013 AFG Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for more information on application process.
*Note* Please use Internet Explorer to fill-out and submit your AFG application. Chrome and Firefox browser errors have been reported.
FY 2013 Application Assistance Tools
- FY 2013 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) - Available Now
- FY 2013 AFG Self Evaluation Operations and Safety
Understand the criteria that you must address in your Narrative Statement when applying
- FY 2013 AFG Get Ready Guide Application Narrative
This handy guide will give you a kick-start in prepping your grant application
- FY 2013 AFG Self Evaluation Vehicle Acquisition
Developed to help you understand the criteria that you must address in your Vehicle Narrative Statement
- FY 2013 AFG Regional Workshop Presentation
FY 2013 application workshop presentation
- FY 2013 AFG Get Ready Guide Application Information
This handy guide will give you a kick-start in preparing your grant application
FY 2013 AFG Workshop Schedule
Workshops delivered by live presentations or conference call with webinar
While the AFG Program Office strives to make the information contained in these videos as timely and accurate as possible, the videos were not intended to be used as substitutes for reading the latest Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) or guidance documents. The AFG program office makes no promises, claims or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the contents of these videos and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of these videos.
- AFG Vehicle Grants
This video was produced to provide an overview of how to apply for a vehicle grant, AFG's most competitive grant activity.
Duration: 17 minutes
- Procurement Integrity
This video was produced to provide an overview of proper contract procurement for grantees.
Duration: 17 minutes
- Getting a Grant
This video was produced to provide an overview of how to prepare a competitive grant application.
Duration: 22 minutes
- FY 2013 AFG Workshop Schedule
- FY 2013 AFG Workshop Presentation
- FY 2013 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- FY 2012 AFG Award List
- AFG Newsletter. Sign up to receive grant updates.
- AFG E-Mail Alerts
- Grant Closeout Updates
ANNOUNCEMENT ON NIMS COMPLIANCE
- NIMS Compliance Not Required at Time of Application Submission. Click here for additional information
System for Award Management (SAM) Registration is Required to Apply or Receive a Grant Award
- Please click here and complete the SAM registration as soon as possible. Applicants that have not completed the SAM registration process, or have not completed the required annual renewal and revalidation of data, will not be able to draw grant funds.
- As part of the SAM.gov registration process, every eligible grantee must have their SAM.gov account validated through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and have their CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity) code validated in order to be eligible for award. These validations are conducted as part of the registration process after the organization has submitted their SAM.gov registration. A valid SAM.gov registration is now also required for any payment or amendment request to an existing, open award. A valid SAM.gov registration is now also required for any payment or amendment request to an existing, open award. If your department has not yet registered within SAM.gov, you are encouraged to do. SAM.gov is administered through the Government Services Administration (GSA). Technical assistance may be obtained through the Federal Service Desk at 866-606-8220. Please be advised
- Register your organization in the System for Award Management (SAM) (SAM.gov), which has replaced the Central Contractor Registry (CCR) system. You may submit an application without being registered in SAM, but you will not be awarded a grant until you are registered in SAM. If you registered in the CCR previously, you don't have to do anything until that registration expires. Then you will validate and update your data, which will have been moved to the SAM.gov system. For questions about SAM, contact your State Assigned Grants Management Specialists.