This offers disaster survivors guidance regarding applying for assistance. Specifically, it has a list of items you need when you apply for assistance.
Visit DisasterAssistance.gov now to apply for assistance. If you experience difficulty applying online, you may also call (800) 621-3362 / TTY (800) 462-7585 to apply.
Please note that if you are eligible for an Individual Assistance grant you are not required to pay back the grant to FEMA. However, loans from SBA must be repaid.
Documents and Materials You Need to Apply
- Social Security number
- Address of the location where the damage occured (pre-disaster address)
- Current address
- Current telephone number
- Insurance information
- Total household annual income
- Routing and account number for your checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into your bank account).
- A description of your disaster-caused damage and losses
Visit the Individual Disaster Assistance page on this site for the following information:
- The types of assistance FEMA provides to individuals and families
- How to obtain a copy of you application/case
- How to appeal FEMA's decision regarding your assistance
- You also watch our video on the registration intake: FEMA Registration Intake Video
To determine if your damaged home is in a Federally declared disaster area please visit the Disaster Declarations page on this site.