BATON ROUGE, La.– A drive-thru Disaster Recovery Center will open in Natchitoches Parish Monday, Oct. 19 to help Hurricane Laura survivors.
The drive-thru center operates under strict COVID-19 protocols to ensure visitors are safe. Masks or face coverings are required for entry and service. Survivors remain in their cars. A specialist wearing a face mask will receive documents through the window and return them.
No appointments are necessary. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Saturday closed on Sunday. The drive-thru center is located at:
450 Fifth St.
Natchitoches, LA 71457
(Look for a FEMA team and equipment in the adjacent field)
Additional centers are reopening in Louisiana. Survivors may visit any open center. To locate the closest center, call the FEMA Helpline, visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by downloading the FEMA app.
Survivors do not need to visit a drive thru center to apply or update their application. To ask individual questions or submit information, call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585).
- Visit disasterassistance.gov/.
- To find a drive-thru Disaster Recovery Center (DRC), text 43362 and type DRC and your ZIP code (for example DRC 12345).
- To receive a link to download the FEMA app:
- Apple devices: text APPLE to 43362
- Android devices: text ANDROID to 43362
- Visit fema.gov/about/news-multimedia/app
- Call 211 or text 527435837 to 898-211. For Louisiana evacuees that are now out-of-state, please call 337-310-4636. To get support, this number also is valid for TTY out-of-state users.
- Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.
Hurricane Laura survivors with home repair questions should contact FEMA mitigation outreach at 866-579-0820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday-Saturday, 8am to 6pm CDT. To view mitigation resources visit https://fema.connectsolutions.com/lauramit/.