此页面尚未翻译成[简体中文. 前往 简体中文 页面以该语言获取资源。
Public Invited to Appeal or Comment on Flood Maps in Gonzales County, Texas
Residents and business owners in Gonzales County, Texas are encouraged to review the latest information to learn about local flood risks and potential future flood insurance requirements.
日期: 六月 2, 2022 - 八月 31, 2022
时间: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Preliminary flood risk information and updated Flood Insurance Rate Maps are available for review in Gonzales County, Texas. Residents and business owners are encouraged to review the latest information to learn about local flood risks and potential future flood insurance requirements.
The updated maps were produced in coordination with local, state and FEMA officials. Significant community review of the maps has already taken place, but before the maps become final, community stakeholders can identify any concerns or questions about the information provided and participate in the 90-day appeal and comment period.
Appeals and Comments
Appeals and comments may be submitted through Aug. 31, 2022 for:
- The City of Gonzales and the unincorporated areas of Gonzales County
Residents may submit an appeal if they consider modeling or data used to create the map is technically or scientifically incorrect.
- An appeal must include technical information, such as hydraulic or hydrologic data, to support the claim.
- Appeals cannot be based on the effects of proposed projects or projects started after the study is in progress.
- If property owners see incorrect information that does not change the flood hazard information — such as a missing or misspelled road name in the Special Flood Hazard Area or an incorrect corporate boundary — they can submit a written comment.
The next step in the mapping process is to resolve all comments and appeals. Once these are resolved, FEMA will notify communities of the effective date of the final maps.
Preliminary Maps and Flood Maps
To review the preliminary maps or submit appeals and comments, visit your local floodplain administrator (FPA). A FEMA Map Specialist can identify your community FPA. Specialists are available by telephone at 1-877-FEMA-MAP (1-877-336-2627) or by email at FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com.
The preliminary maps may also be viewed online:
- The Flood Map Changes Viewer at http://msc.fema.gov/fmcv
- FEMA Map Service Center at http://msc.fema.gov/portal
For more information about the flood maps:
- Use a live chat service about flood maps at http://go.usa.gov/r6C (just click on the “Live Chat” icon).
- Contact a FEMA Map Specialist by telephone at 1-877-FEMA-MAP (1-877-336-2627) or by email at FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com.
There are cost-saving options available for those newly mapped into a high-risk flood zone. Learn more about your flood insurance options by talking with your insurance agent or visiting https://www.floodsmart.gov.