U.S. flag


Dot gov

Official websites use .gov

A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites..

alert - warning

此页面尚未翻译成[简体中文. 前往 简体中文 页面以该语言获取资源。

Submit Flood Insurance Proof of Loss Form Within 60 Days of Loss

Release Date:
July 12, 2021

BATON ROUGE, La.If you have purchased flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and filed a claim for flood damages, be sure to submit your Proof of Loss form within 60 days after the date of loss.

Take the time to fill out the form and collect supporting documents:

  • You will need to provide supporting documents with the form, like your building damage estimate and a personal-property loss inventory list…and don’t forget to sign it.
  • Your adjuster will give you a detailed loss estimate. Please review to see if they forgot something or perhaps got something wrong.
  • Your adjuster may provide you with a Proof of Loss form and help you fill it out. You can submit this form, or you can fill out a Proof of Loss form on your own. If you find some items were missed on the form afterward, you can submit a supplemental claim later.

Remember, even if you do not agree with the adjuster’s loss estimate, it’s important that you submit the Proof of Loss form within 60 days.

For more information, contact your insurance agent, visit FloodSmart.gov or call NFIP at 877-336-2627.

To speak with a Community Education and Outreach (CEO) Specialist about ways to reduce your flood risk, call

1-833-FEMA-4US (833-336-2487) or send an email to FEMA-LAmit@fema.dhs.gov.

For the latest information on the May 17-21 severe storms, tornadoes and flooding, visit www.fema.gov/disaster/4606. Follow the FEMA Region 6 Twitter account at twitter.com/FEMARegion6.