此页面尚未翻译成[简体中文. 前往 简体中文 页面以该语言获取资源。
FEMA Holds Stakeholder Call Observing Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
Join the FEMA Office of Disability Integration and Coordination (ODIC) and our partners to learn more about Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month.
Join the FEMA Office of Disability Integration and Coordination (ODIC) and our partners to learn about the importance of including people with developmental disabilities in emergency preparedness, response and recovery efforts.
Proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan in 1987, National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month provides an opportunity to highlight inclusion, contributions and togetherness for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the communities where they live.
Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, also called IDD, is a broader category of often lifelong disability that can be intellectual, physical, or both that can negatively affect the trajectory of the individual’s physical, intellectual, and/or emotional development.
Developmental Disability Awareness Month is an opportunity to provide partners with resources on topics including education, employment, community living, accessibility, and encourages partners and emergency responders to identify more closely with people with IDD in their communities.
Scheduled to speak:
- Alison Barkoff, Principal Deputy Administrator and Acting Administrator and Assistant Secretary for Aging, Administration for Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- A Blythe Ryerson, PhD, MPH, Acting Director, Division of Human Development and Disability, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, CDC
- Donna A. Meltzer, Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities
- Erin Prangley, Director of Public Policy, National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month 2021 Webinar Agenda & Partner Resour…
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month 2021 Webinar Speaker Presentation
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month 2021 Webinar Speaker Presentation(Sp…
- Blog: Celebrating our Impact During DD Awareness Month by ACL Acting Administra…
- Blog: Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month by NACDD CEO Donna Meltzer
- CDC Developmental Disabilities Resources and Information