NASHVILLE – Tennesseans who have uninsured losses resulting from the April 12-13 tornadoes have until Tuesday, June 23, 2020 to register with FEMA for assistance.
Survivors in Bradley and Hamilton counties can register with FEMA in several ways:
- By visiting DisasterAssistance.gov
- Downloading the FEMA App for smartphones
- Calling 800-621-3362 (800-462-7585 TTY). Multilingual operators are available. The toll-free numbers are open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time.
June 23, 2020 also is the deadline to apply to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for low-interest disaster loans for physical property damage. The deadline for economic injury applications is Jan. 25, 2021.
- Applicants can apply for a low-interest disaster loan online using SBA’s secure website at www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance.
- Survivors can get more information on SBA disaster assistance. Call SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (TTY 800-877-8339), visit sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEMA’s mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters.
The U.S. Small Business Administration is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property. For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. TTY users may also call 800-877-8339. Applicants may also email email@example.com or visit SBA at www.SBA.gov/disaster.