U.S. flag


Dot gov

.gov 表示这是官方的。

联邦政府网站域名通常以 .gov 或 .mil 结尾。在分享敏感信息之前,先要确保正在访问联邦政府网 站。



https:// 可确保您正在连到官方网站,而且您提供的任何信息均已加密并能安全传输.

alert - warning

此页面尚未翻译成[简体中文. 前往 简体中文 页面以该语言获取资源。

Change Your Flood Zone Designation

Determination Documents

How to Submit a Map Change Request

Completed Map Changes

If you believe your property was incorrectly identified as a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), you may submit an application to FEMA for a formal determination of the property's location and/or elevation relative to the SFHA. This is called a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) request.

alert - info

A "Special Flood Hazard Area" has a one percent or greater chance of flooding in any given year, sometimes referred to as the one-percent-annual-chance flood or base flood.

After FEMA reviews the map change request, it will issue a determination document, either approving or denying the map change. There are two types determination documents you can seek in your LOMC request.

  • Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA): A letter from FEMA stating that an existing structure or parcel of land — that is on naturally high ground and has not been elevated by fill — would not be inundated by the base flood. 
  • Letter of Map Revision Based on Fill (LOMR-F): A letter from FEMA stating that an existing structure or parcel of land has been elevated by earthen fill and would not be inundated by the base flood. 

If FEMA grants the map amendment or revision request, the property owner may no longer be required to pay flood insurance. The property owner may send the determination document to their lender and request that the federal flood insurance requirement for the structure be removed.

Learn More About LOMA & LOMR-F Requirements

How to Submit a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) Request

You may complete the request online or by sending paper forms by mail. Access the paper forms: MT-EZ, MT-1 and MT-2.

Homeowners, Renters, Community Officials and Other Individuals

Any applicant who would like to submit a Letter of Map Change request directly to FEMA may do so online using at our Online LOMC site. You can:

  • Request an amendment or revision to a flood map
  • Upload supporting documentation
  • Pay any associated fees
  • Check the status of your submitted request
  • Review frequently asked questions about Online LOMC

Submit Requests at Online LOMC

Land Surveyors, Professional Engineers and Other FEMA-Permitted Certified Professionals

Licensed and certified professionals may submit Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) request using our eLOMA tool.

Registered users can use eLOMA to generate a determination from FEMA within minutes of submitting required information and data.

Learn How to Access eLOMA

Gather Your Letter of Map Change (LOMC) Documents

The Online LOMC application requires specific information regarding the property (parcels) of land or structure(s), including:

  • Location
  • Legal description
  • Use of fill

In accordance with NFIP regulations, FEMA uses the information required in the Online LOMC application process to make a determination on whether or not a property is located within a designated SFHA.

In certain instances, additional data may be required. A FEMA representative will notify the applicant of any additional requirements needed to complete the request.

Flood Insurance Study (FIS) Data Request

FEMA has identified seven categories into which requests for Flood Insurance Study (FIS) backup (i.e., technical and administrative support) are separated.

See FIS Data Request Categories and Associated Fees

Download Payment Form

Compendium of Map Changes

You can review a list of all the changes made to the National Flood Insurance Program maps in a given six-month period, including:

FEMA’s Map Service Center (MSC) provides a listing of available products by state, county and community.

Search All Products at the Map Service Center