Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Sally, Escambia County residents have received approximately $108.2 million in total federal funds.
- 4,876 homeowners and renters have been approved for more than $19.7 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. This includes:
- More than $15.1 million in Housing Assistance grants for housing repair costs, home replacement and rental payments.
- More than $4.6 million in Other Needs Assistance grants to replace essential household items and for other critical disaster-related costs.
- 3,274 homeowners and renters were approved for rental assistance.
- 4,271 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance application.
National Flood Insurance Program (as of Nov. 16):
- 2,398 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $53.9 million has been paid in claims.
U.S. Small Business Administration (as of Nov. 15):
- More than $34.6 million has been approved in low-interest disaster loans for 953 homeowners, renters and businesses.
Public Assistance (as of Nov. 17):
- Escambia County was approved for assistance to local governments and private nonprofits for debris removal, emergency protective measures and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged public facilities on Sept. 23.
- 26 requests for Public Assistance have been received and 19 have been approved.