The following resources are available to dam owners, operators, and regulators and address emergency action planning and the safety of dams.
- A suite of ArcGIS tools designed to support the development of simplified dam break studies, Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning (Risk MAP) datasets, loss of life assessments, Emergency Action Plans (EAPs) and EAP map panel creation.
- Training Aids for Dam Safety (TADS): A Self-Instructional Study Course in Dam Safety Practices (FEMA 609DVD)
A self-contained, self-paced training course that includes workbooks and videos.
- Risk Prioritization Tool for Dams (FEMA P-713)
A standards-based decision-making tool for risk-based dam safety prioritization.
- Expert Video Series (FEMA P-717DVD through FEMA P-722DVD)
Six videos developed by the Interagency Committee on Dam Safety and the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation.
- Emergency Action Planning Video
A video about the various aspects of emergency action planning for dams.
Many publications can be ordered from the FEMA Publications Warehouse by calling 1-800-480-2520 (Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST) or sending a fax to 1-240-699-0252. You can also email a request to FEMA-Publications-Warehouse@dhs.gov. Please provide the title, FEMA publication number and quantity of each publication, along with your name, address, zip code and daytime telephone number.