Official FEMA Websites
In addition to this fema.gov website, FEMA also owns and manages these these .gov domains.
FEMA Web Policies
View information and resources on the policies that govern FEMA web content.
Information Quality Standards
Cookies & Analytics
Reuse & Copyright
Social Media & Commenting
Cookies and Analytics
FEMA.gov uses single-session cookies to serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through the platform. These cookies do not permanently record data, and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. FEMA.gov’s session cookies are only available during an active browser session. When you close your browser, the session cookie disappears.
FEMA.gov also uses multi-session cookies to help us understand how people use the platform, and how we can make it better. We use Google Analytics Web analytics software. We do not collect any personally identifiable information (PII). Traffic statistics are collected anonymously and aggregated, and no information is traceable to any specific individual.
Linking Policy and Endorsement
This site may include useful hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by others. We provide these links and pointers solely for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, remember that you’re leaving this blog and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website. When you leave this blog, remember that FEMA:
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website
- Does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer
- Cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Those who provide comments are responsible for the copyright of any content they provide
- Is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites
- Does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act
Reuse and Copyright
Most material on FEMA.gov is free of copyright and may be copied and distributed without permission. We are flattered that you want to share. Citation of FEMA.gov and a link back is much appreciated.
We sometimes use photos or graphics that we licensed or that are restricted. Check to see if there is a copyright or photo credit. You need to request permission from the original source to use this material. Read more about copyright and other rights pertaining to U.S. government works.
Learn more about DHS Intellectual Property usage, including using the official seal and other trade or certification marks for DHS programs.