Ms. Traci L. Clever is the Deputy Associate Administrator for Mission Support at the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). She was selected for this position in March 2019. In this role, she will be instrumental in ensuring that Mission Support provides customer-focused business management services and support infrastructure to enable the FEMA mission.
Ms. Clever served as the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Deputy Executive Associate Director for Management and Administration from November 2017-March 2019 and was responsible for advising and assisting ICE’s Executive Associate Director for Management and Administration in effective and efficient management of the business operations of ICE. She led and supported oversight of ICE’s budget, expenditures, accounting and finance, procurement, human resources and personnel, workforce recruitment, equal employment opportunity, information technology systems, facilities, policy, privacy, information governance, Freedom of Information Act, training and property and equipment needs.
Ms. Clever was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in August 2013 in the position of Regional Business Director for the South Pacific Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers where she served with distinction prior to joining ICE in 2017. Ms. Clever served as a principal advisor to the Commanding General providing executive leadership and direction for the South Pacific Division, including the strategic direction; business transformation; strategic communication; planning and policy; real estate; and financial management for a $2.0 billion average annual program and an organization of approximately 2,500 active duty military and civilians.
- September 2013 - November 2017: Regional Business Director, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, South Pacific Division, San Francisco, California
- August 2012 - August 2013: Acting Regional Business Director, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, South Pacific Division, San Francisco, California
- May 2011- August 2012 Year: Deputy District Engineer for Programs and Project Management, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg Engineer District, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- August 2009 - February 2010: (Deployment) Deputy District Engineer for Programs and Project Management, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Afghanistan Engineer District - North, Kabul, Afghanistan
- March 2009 - May 2011: Deputy District Engineer for Planning, Programs and Project Management, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo Engineer District, Buffalo, New York
- July 2008 - December 2008: Planner, Great Lakes & Ohio River Division Regional Integration Team, Headquarters USACE, Washington, D.C.
- March 2007 - March 2009: Chief of Planning U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo Engineer District, Buffalo, New York
- August 1999 - March 2007: Various positions to include Acting Chief of Planning; Acting Chief of Project Management; Senior Civil Works Program Manager; Civil Works Planner; Project Manager; and Biologist, Buffalo District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo, New York.
- April 1991 - August 1999: Eight years of performance-oriented private sector leadership and management experience including Environmental Consultant, Earth Dimensions Inc. and Vice President for Emerging Wetlands, LLC.
- BS, Biology, State University of New York, Cortland, New York 1989
- U.S. Army Acquisition Corps, Facilities Engineering Level III Certification
- Certified Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- Department of Army Meritorious Civilian Service Award
- U.S. Army Engineer Association, Bronze Order of the de Fleury Medal
- Secretary of Defense Medal for Global War on Terrorism
- Afghanistan Engineer District, Civilian Combat Service Pin
- Department of Army Superior Civilian Service Award
- Department of the Army, Commander’s Award for Civilian Service
- Federal Women’s Program Network Federal Women of the Year Nominee
- Great Lakes & Ohio River Div. Programming Excellence & Project Delivery Team of the Year
- Locke L. Mouton Award for Excellence in Public Affairs
- John E. Foley Public Service Recognition Award
- Numerous other performance related awards and recognition
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- Project Management Institute
- Society of American Military Engineers
Ms. Clever lives in Washington, D.C. with her spouse Ms. Dani Beaumont a Product Manager with Adobe. They have two adult children, Lily and Spencer. Her personal interests include motorcycling, gardening, photography and travel.