The primary purpose of the National Dam Safety Program (NDSP) is to provide financial assistance to the states for strengthening their dam safety programs.
The states use NDSP funds for the following types of activities:
- Dam safety training for state personnel
- Increase in the number of dam inspections
- Increase in the submittal and testing of Emergency Action Plans
- More timely review and issuance of permits
- Improved coordination with state emergency preparedness officials
- Identification of dams to be repaired or removed
- Conduct dam safety awareness workshops and creation of dam safety videos and other outreach materials
For more information on state dam safety programs, visit the Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO).
Visit our Rehabilitation Of High Hazard Potential Dam (HHPD) page for information and guidance on that grant program.