The Office of External Affairs (OEA) engages, informs and educates our partners and the public to achieve the FEMA mission of helping people before, during and after disasters.
Our office coordinates with programs and initiatives to:
- Tell the FEMA story.
- Educate the nation to be ready for all hazards.
- Make disaster assistance accessible and understandable for survivors.
- Provide whole community partners with helpful resources.
Through proactive and sustained engagement of public and private sector stakeholders, OEA strengthens working relationships, advances the Agency priorities, and ensures our local, state, territorial, tribal, and federal partners are better prepared for and able to recover from the effects of all- hazard incidents and events.
- Engage the American public through news media and social media.
- Engage Congress, state, local, tribal and territorial governments, non-governmental agencies and the private sector.
- Develop and distribute digital and print communications.
- Coordinate speaking opportunities for FEMA leadership and subject matter experts.
Subscribe to the FEMA Bulletin to receive emails about the agency's recent and upcoming program and policy activities and announcements.
Cadre Inquiries: FEMA-EA-General@fema.dhs.gov
Disaster Operation Inquiries: FEMA-ESF15-Coordination@fema.dhs.gov
View congressional testimony and speeches from FEMA administration officials.
Ready is a national public service advertising campaign designed to educate and empower Americans to prepare for and respond to emergencies including natural and man-made disasters. The goal of the campaign is to get the public involved and ultimately to increase the level of basic preparedness across the nation.