The Grants Division has primary financial monitoring oversight of preparedness, disaster and mitigation awards. It acts as the gatekeeper to ensure that the financial assistance allocated to our awardees is appropriately and cost effectively applied to build our region’s capability and capacity to address their vulnerabilities to threats and hazards.
What We Do
- Execute and monitor the grants management life cycle for the following grant portfolios:
- Fire Grants
- Provide training and technical assistance to non-federal entities. Non-federal entity means a state, local government, tribal nation, Institution of Higher Education (IHE), or a nonprofit organization that carries out a federal award as a recipient or sub-recipient.
- Coordinate audit management for the Region.
Training and Technical Assistance
- Request for Training and Technical Assistance
- Updated training materials
- Courses available
- Calendar of course offerings
If you are interested in requesting training, please contact:
Resources for Grantees
- Find and apply for federal grants
- Grants Management Toolkit: Best practices in using grants management tools, for grantees creating and revising their own grants management capabilities
- Grants management forms: Standard federal grant reporting forms
- Grant Programs Directorate Bulletins: Clarification and updates on FEMA grant programs
- Responder Knowledge Base: List of allowable equipment under FEMA Preparedness Grant programs
- System for Award Management: Register here to be eligible to apply for and receive federal grants
- Federal Service Desk: FAQs, user guides and common issues for using the System for Award Management website.
- FEMA Preparedness Grants Fact Sheets
- Federal Support for Law Enforcement Equipment Acquisition
- Tangible Personal Property Report
- PARS Help
- Manual Advance/Reimbursement Form (SF270)
- FFATA Reporting
- Federal Audit Clearinghouse
- DUNS number Request
- Super Circular
- eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations
- DHS Reports
Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program
This following information pertains to the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program for New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. These grants are awarded to fire departments to enhance their ability to protect the public and fire service personnel from fire and related hazards.
Click on one of the resources below to get started:
- Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG)
- Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Grants (SAFER)
- Fire Prevention and Safety Grants (FP&S)
Firefighters Grant Contact Information
DHS-FEMA Region II
New York, NY 10007