TRENTON, N.J. – Four Disaster Recovery Centers will be closing next week, with one relocating. While these sites will be closing, face-to-face assistance is still available. Survivors can find their nearest DRC online at fema.gov/drc, or text DRC and their current ZIP Code to 43362. Standard message and data rates apply.
As survivors move through the recovery process, help is just a phone call, a mouse click or a tap on the FEMA app away.
The DRC in Middlesex County below will permanently close tomorrow, Oct. 9 at 4 p.m.
- Middlesex Fire Academy
- 1001 Fire Academy Dr., Cafeteria B, Sayreville, N.J. 08872. Saturday Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It will relocate to the following location and open Monday, Oct. 11.
- Piscataway Fire Academy
- 171 Baekeland Ave., Piscataway, N.J. 08854. Hours are Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
DRCs in Hunterdon and Hudson counties will permanently close Tuesday, Oct. 12 at 5 p.m.
- Hunterdon County
- Union Fire Company #1, 230 N. Main St., Lambertville, N.J. 08530. Hours: 7 a.m.to 5 p.m. Saturday Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hudson County
- Secaucus Public Library and Business Resource Center, 1379 Paterson Plank Rd., Secaucus, N.J. 07094. Hours: 7 a.m.to 5 p.m. Saturday Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed on Columbus Day, Oct. 11.
DRCs in Bergen and Passaic counties will permanently close Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 5 p.m.
- Bergen County
- Phillip Ciarco Jr. Learning Center, 355 Main St., Hackensack, N.J., 07652. Hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Passaic County
- Little Falls Civic Center, 19 Warren St., Little Falls, N.J. 07424. Hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Help is Still Available
Disaster survivors can still access disaster information and assistance the following ways: online at DisasterAssistance.gov; by calling 800-621-3362; (TTY:800-462-7585); or download the FEMA app available for smart phones. Disaster survivors who are deaf, have a speech or hearing disability and use TTY may call 800-462-7585. The toll-free telephone lines are currently operating 24 hours per day, seven days a week. If you use a relay service, such as video relay service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, give FEMA the number for that service. Multilingual operators are available.
The deadline to apply for disaster assistance is Nov. 4, 2021.