Norfolk, Virginia — FEMA continues to work in partnership with the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management, the Virginia Department of Health, the independent cities within Hampton Roads as well as community organizations to successfully expand the rate of vaccinations in an efficient, effective, and equitable manner.
First dose operations at six temporary clinics throughout Hampton Roads were completed this weekend with three additional clinics held in Norfolk, and one each in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, and Newport News. These community vaccination centers were used to advance outreach efforts to vaccinate Virginia while ensuring access and equity to all members of the community.
Although residents are able to sign up for appointments in advance, all clinics accept walk-ins. Additionally, FEMA outreach teams canvass local neighborhoods surrounding the clinics to provide information to residents and assist with registration.
To date, 1,191 residents were vaccinated with their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. As such, four temporary clinics will re-open to administer second doses:
2nd Dose Clinic Schedule:
- St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church, Virginia Beach
- May 15th (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- May 16th (3:00 p.m.). – 7:00 p.m.)
- First Baptist South Hill, Chesapeake
- May 17th (2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
- May 19th (2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
- May 21st (10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
- Shiloh Baptist Church, Norfolk
- May 20th (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Gethsemane Baptist Church, Newport News
- May 17th (4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- May 19th (12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- May 21st (4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
The temporary clinic at the STEM Academy completed 2nd doses this past weekend.
The Military Circle Mall vaccination center will continue to be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through May 22nd with the following vaccine availability:
Vaccine Availability at Military Circle Mall (9 a.m. - 7 p.m., Daily)
- Single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine (over the age of 18)- May 5 through May 22
- 1st Doses of Pfizer (16-17 year olds only)- Now through May 22
- Individuals who are 16 or 17 will need to have a parent or guardian with them at the vaccination site to receive the vaccine.
- 2nd Doses of Pfizer- Now through May 22
Walk-ins are welcome. Visit COVID Vaccine Information | City of Norfolk, Virginia - Official Website for additional information.
Reasonable accommodations for people with access and functional needs are available as well as information and onsite interpretation in a variety of languages, including American Sign Language (ASL).
### FEMA's mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters.