Mobile Disaster Centers Opening in Six More Oklahoma Counties

Release Date Release Number
NR DR-4438-OK 031
Release Date:
July 11, 2019

Oklahoma City, OK – Six more state/federal Mobile Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) are opening in the following Oklahoma communities: Cherokee (Alfalfa County), Kingfisher (Kingfisher County), Moffett (Sequoyah County), Bartlesville (Washington County), Vinita (Craig County) and Perry (Noble County).

Mobile DRCs are disaster resources that allow state and local officials to maximize their reach to as many affected areas and survivors as possible. The centers offer in-person support to Oklahoma homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained damage or losses during the severe storms, straight-line winds, tornadoes and flooding between May 7 and June 9, 2019.

Recovery specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) will be at the centers to talk about assistance and to help anyone who needs guidance in filing an application.

The mobile DRCs are open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and are closed on Sundays. The centers will begin opening at the following locations starting July 15:

Alfalfa CountyAlfalfa County Fairgrounds602 W. 5th St.Cherokee, OK 73728Four days onlyOpens July 15 at 10 a.m.Closes COB July 18


Kingfisher CountyKingfisher County Fairgrounds300 S. 13th St.Kingfisher, OK 73750Four days onlyOpens July 15 at 10 a.m.Closes COB July 18

 Sequoyah CountyMoffett Public Schools Parking Lot701 Belt Ave.Moffett, OK, 74954Four days onlyOpens July 15 at 10 a.m.Closes COB July 18


Washington CountyBartlesville High SchoolFine Arts Bldg. (lobby)1700 Hillcrest Dr.Bartlesville, OK 74003Opens July 15 at 10 a.m.Closes COB July 19


Craig CountyCouncil Chambers-City Hall104 E. Illinois Ave,Vinita, OK 74301Opens July 17 at 10 a.m.Closes COB July 24


Noble CountyNoble County Fairgrounds Building1 Ivanhoe St.Perry, OK 73077Opens July 18 at 10 a.m.Closes COB July 23

 If possible, homeowners, renters and businesses should contact their insurance company and register with FEMA before visiting a recovery center. Registration is available in the following ways:

  • Online at
  • Phone 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
  • Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit:

 The following information is helpful when registering:

  • Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
  • Current mailing address.
  • Current telephone number.
  • Insurance information.
  • Total household annual income.
  • Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
  • A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.

The designated counties for eligible applicants are Alfalfa, Canadian, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Delaware, Garfield, Kay, Kingfisher, Le Flore, Logan, Mayes, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Payne, Pottawatomie, Rogers, Sequoyah, Tulsa, Wagoner Washington and Woods.

Individual Assistance for homeowners and renters can include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repairs and other serious disaster-related expenses not met by insurance or other assistance programs.

Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are available to businesses, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters to cover residential and business losses as a result of the disaster. Applicants can visit their nearest disaster recovery center for one-on-one assistance or apply online using SBA’s secure website at

In addition, applicants can get more information on SBA disaster assistance by calling SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955, by visiting, or by emailing Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may call 800-877-8339.

Find out more at and Follow us on Twitter at and the FEMA Blog at

# # #

FEMA's mission is to help before, during and after disasters.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property. These disaster loans cover losses not fully compensated by insurance or other recoveries and do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations. For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling 800-659-2955, emailing, or visiting SBA’s website at Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call 800-877-8339.

Last updated March 18, 2021