U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov

A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Https

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites..

Archive Alert

Archived Content. This page contains information that may not reflect current policy or programs. Learn more

FEMA Provides $1.9 to Allina Health Systems

Release Date Release Number
R5-21-NR-02
Release Date:
January 13, 2021

CHICAGO – The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Minnesota Department of Safety Homeland Security and Emergency Management division (DPS-HSEM) announced today that $1,906,728 in federal funding has been made available to Allina Health System for costs related to the state’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic under the federal disaster declaration of April 7, 2020.

This funding will reimburse Allina Health System for costs to purchase and distribute personal protective equipment, ventilators and medical supplies to eliminate the immediate threat to life, public health and safety during the COVID-19 response.

“FEMA’s Public Assistance Program is an important resource for communities affected by COVID-19,” said Kevin M. Sligh, acting regional administrator, FEMA Region 5. “This grant funding has helped ensure the availability of critical medical supplies and services in Minnesota to combat this virus.”

“Supporting Minnesota’s medical facilities and staff as they care for our family, friends, and neighbors is a priority for us,” said Joe Kelly, DPS-HSEM director. “FEMA’s Public Assistance grant funding allows us to acquire the tools and resources they need to save countless lives and protect many others.”

FEMA provides a 75 percent federal share of eligible reimbursable expenses for this project. The eligible cost for this project is $2,542,304. The remaining 25 percent, or $635,576, will be paid by Allina Health System.

FEMA’s Public Assistance Program provides funding to local government jurisdictions and eligible private non-profits for the repair, replacement, or restoration of disaster-damaged infrastructure as well as costs incurred for debris removal, disaster cleanup and emergency actions taken to protect lives or property.  To learn more, visit FEMA’s website at www.fema.gov/public-assistance-local-state-tribal-and-non-profit.

# # #

FEMA's mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters.

Tags:
Last updated March 18, 2021