Updated Opening Date and Hours of Operation:
The opening of the COVID-19 Vaccination Center at Dover International Speedway has been delayed by one day due to inclement weather in other parts of the country. This weather is affecting travel for federal personnel over the next several days.
The site will now open (for second vaccinations only) on Sunday February 21, 2021. Vaccinations will occur between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. each day, scheduled in 15-minute increments. Initially, DPH will schedule appointments for the first 5 days (Feb. 21-25) and will open the sixth day as needed.
Appointments are currently limited to Delaware residents who received their first-dose at an eligible location below:
- Dover Division of Motor Vehicles on January 16th through January 18th
- Salesianum School in Wilmington on January 18th
- Delaware City Division of Motor Vehicles on January 22nd through 24th
- Georgetown Division of Motor Vehicles on January 23rd and January 24th
Both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines will be provided to those that have received their first dose at these locations.
Please visit de.gov/fema to schedule an appointment. Those without internet access may call DPH at 1-833-643-1715. Wait time may be lengthy based on call volume and online registration is urged.
Appointment scheduling began on Wednesday 2/17. Individuals will be able to choose an appointment from Sunday, Feb. 21 through Thursday, Feb. 25. Additional appointments for Friday, Feb. 26 may be opened later based on demand.
To make an appointment for the Dover Speedway clinic, an individual will have to indicate the location and date of the DPH first dose event they attended from the list above. Individuals will have an option to create an appointment for someone else after they create their own and will be able to have a single email tied to multiple appointments. Everyone who arrives to be vaccinated must have an appointment.
Individuals who do not meet the above requirements, but have questions about getting vaccinated in Delaware can visit https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/vaccine/where-can-i-get-my-vaccine/ for more information. Delaware residents with questions about getting vaccinated may also contact the Division of Public Health Vaccine Call Center at 1-833-643-1715. The call center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Or email Vaccine@delaware.gov
How to Get There and What to Bring:
Visitors can access the vaccination site via Dover International Speedway’s Leipsic Road entrance. To reduce waiting, those with appointments will be urged not to show up more than an hour early. Just in case, those arriving at the site need to ensure:
- Confirmation of your appointment.
- Proof of first COVID-19 vaccination (vaccination card).
- You have personal identification (a driver’s licenses or photo ID).
- You enter the Speedway grounds via 1000 Leipsic Road, not the main entrance from Route 13.
- Your vehicle has a full tank of gas.
- Bring extra jackets or blankets in case you get cold
- Snacks and beverages to enjoy while waiting in line.