MONTGOMERY, Ala. – Recovering from a disaster is usually a gradual process. FEMA and its partners continue to support survivors who live in Clarke, Dallas, Marengo, Mobile, Perry, Washington and Wilcox counties as you recover from Hurricane Zeta.
The deadline to apply to FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration for assistance is Monday, Feb. 8.
Below are links you can use to find recovery information from FEMA and other sources:
- There are three ways to apply for FEMA assistance:
- Download the FEMA app.
- Visit DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available. Lines are open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service. If you need accommodations for language or disability, let the Helpline specialists know.
- People who are deaf or hard of hearing may also view the video, Three Ways to Register for FEMA Disaster Assistance online.
- For free Disaster Legal Services, call the hotline at 800-354-6154. Leave a message and a volunteer lawyer will return your call. Hours of operation: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- 2-1-1 Connects Alabama has a comprehensive database of health and human service agencies available in your community. For assistance or to access these resources, dial 211, text 888-421-1266 or chat via www.211connectsalabama.org.
- People who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or speech-disabled can call the Alabama relay service for information on available services by dialing 711 or one of several toll-free relay numbers. For a list of relay numbers, visit psc.alabama.gov/Advisory/711_Relay.htm. Video relay services are also provided through Sprint. For more information, visit www.SprintVRS.com.
- Access State of Alabama recovery resources at ema.alabama.gov or https://m.facebook.com/AlabamaEMA/.
- For the latest news on Hurricane Zeta recovery, visit www.fema.gov/disaster/4573 or www.facebook.com/fema.
- FEMA Disaster Fraud Hotline: 866-720-5721.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- Follow FEMA on social media at Twitter @FEMARegion4 or @FEMAEspanol; on the FEMA Facebook page or FEMA Espanol page, and at FEMA YouTube channel.