All of the content, documentation, code and related materials made available to you through the API are subject to these terms. Access to or use of the API services or its content constitutes acceptance of these terms.
Data accessed through FEMA’s API does not include controls over its end use. However, as the data owner, FEMA retains version control. Once the data has been downloaded from the API, FEMA cannot verify the quality and/or timeliness of any analysis conducted using data retrieved.
- Users of FEMA’s APIs should cite the date that FEMA data were accessed or retrieved using the APIs.
- Users must clearly state that “This product uses the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s API, but is not endorsed by FEMA.”
- FEMA cannot verify the quality and/or timeliness of any data or any analysis derived therefrom after the data has been retrieved from FEMA.gov.
- The logos and/or seals of FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) may not be used without prior written authorization from FEMA or DHS.
In support of the Transparency and Open Government Initiative, input from external stakeholders regarding the presentation of data, data types, and metadata will help inform the evolution of FEMA’s publicly-accessible APIs.
Modification or False Representation of Content
You may not modify or falsely represent content accessed through FEMA’s API and still claim the source is FEMA or FEMA.gov.
FEMA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace these terms, in whole or in part. Your continued use of or access to the FEMA API services following posting of any changes to these terms, constitutes acceptance of those modified terms. FEMA may, in the future, offer new services and/or features. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Disclaimer of Warranties
FEMA’s APIs are provided “as is” and on an “as-available” basis. FEMA hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. FEMA makes no warranty that the services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted.
You hereby warrant that:
- Your use of the services will be in strict accordance with these terms and all applicable laws and regulations, and
- Your use of the services will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FEMA, its contractors, employees, agents, and the like from and against any and all claims and expenses arising out of your use of the APIs, including but not limited to violation of these terms. This indemnification clause shall not apply to federal government entities.
These terms may only be modified by the posting of a revised version on this page by FEMA. FEMA may monitor your use of its services to improve the service or to insure compliance with these terms.
Any disputes arising out of these terms and access to or use of the services shall be governed by federal law.
No Waiver of Rights
FEMA’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision included in these terms shall not constitute waiver of such right or provision.
If you do not wish to abide by these terms, you must refrain from use of the services.