What type of housing will I be able to move into?

You may use your Rental Assistance to rent whatever type of housing is best suited to meet your post-disaster temporary housing needs. Applicants typically use Rental Assistance to rent an apartment or house while their home is being repaired or until they find a more permanent post-disaster housing solution.

Your Rental Assistance award amount is based on the Fair Market Rent (FMR) established by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the area in which the rental property is located and the number of bedrooms needed. Rental Assistance awards cannot exceed the HUD FMR amount unless authorized on a disaster-specific basis.

Last updated