What if it takes more than two months to complete my home repairs, and I haven’t found a more permanent place to live?

If you need more time to complete repairs on your home or to find a permanent place to live, you can apply for continued rental assistance. You would have to provide FEMA a completed Application for Continued Temporary Housing Assistance along with receipts and a permanent housing plan demonstrating a disaster-related or financial need.

Continued rental assistance can be renewed in three month increments for up to a maximum of 18 months, if necessary.

Last updated January 28, 2022