I was receiving rental assistance from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and was displaced due to federally declared disaster. Do I qualify for FEMA disaster assistance?

FEMA cannot duplicate types of assistance received from another agency. However, if you were forced to leave your HUD-assisted housing because of damage caused by federally declared disaster, you may be eligible for help from FEMA. This includes displaced families or residents who were:

  • Living in HUD-assisted public housing
  • Living in a privately-owned apartment that provides rental assistance from HUD
  • Living in a private home using a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher from a housing authority
Last updated January 28, 2022