The Community Mitigation decision support tool puts the data for each metric in the President’s Guidelines for Opening Up America Again in one easy-to-access place – the Gate Indicators tab and sub-tabs. Officials can easily view their influenza- and coronavirus-like illnesses, case and death data, as well as a range of information on hospital capacity to determine whether community mitigation should be adjusted. The tool also has a large variety of other data available outlined in greater detail below. An account is required for access, and government officials can get one by applying here. Please email HHS with questions.
Following are the 19 different categories of information for each tab:
- Cases and Deaths: total and new cases and deaths, including cases and deaths over time and can be filtered to specific jurisdictions. There are eight sub-tabs of data at the national, state, and county levels as available.
- Gate Indicators: daily emergency department visits for both influenza-like and coronavirus-like illnesses at the state level (chosen at the top right). There are seven sub-tabs that display data on symptoms, cases, and hospitals.
- Deployed Resources: the number of Alternative Care Sites and their total bed capacity, along with the number and location of deployed resources and personnel.
- Testing Results: data by county on total tests, total positive tests, and the percent positive of the total. Information is also available by lab type.
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) Testing Capacity: testing capacity by state, county or region. Data can also be sorted by whether facilities offer drive-up testing and/or telehealth services.
- Hotspot Percent Change: County Epidemic Curve Status, as well as new cases in the past two weeks and new cases per 100k population by county.
- Bed/ICU/Vent. Availability: total and available resources by state and territory, including hospital beds, Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds, and ventilators. There are also multiple sub-tabs that show reopening data (where reported), National Healthcare Safety Network data (NHSN) and county tele-tracking data. The NHSN and tele-tracking systems work together to track infections nationally.
- Baseline Bed Information: potential impact to hospitals, including the number of cases and deaths, the number of ICU and acute care bed, and the number of operating rooms. It also shows the average occupancy rate, and hospitals with greater than 95 percent , 75 percent, and 50 percent occupancy.
- Early Indicators: includes five sub-tabs for change in cases and deaths: change in cases and deaths total; change in cases and deaths per 100k population; cases and deaths in the last seven days; cases and deaths per 100k population in the last seven days: and the length of time it takes the number of cases to double. Users can also filter by region.
- Economic Indicators: shows total impacted employees and establishments. The information can be filtered by sector, region and other jurisdictional levels.
- Community Based Testing Sites (CBTS): the number of CBTS locations and their status (e.g. live, launching, moved, etc.).
- PHR & International Reagent Resource (IRR) Product Inventory: shows orders delivered and pending to state health departments. There are three sub-tabs – data by lab location; product inventory status (including pending and delivered orders); and state testing totals.
- PPE Distribution: total number of resources (e.g. gloves, masks, gowns, etc.) distributed; can easily be filtered to the desired jurisdiction.
- Definitive Healthcare: projections by county, including days to ventilator capacity failure, percent ventilator capacity remaining, average weekly number of patients on ventilators and staffed beds in county. There is also a second sub-tab showing additional healthcare capacity indicators easily filterable to the county level.
- Risk Comparison: the risk rating (0-10) of different jurisdictions based on specific factors, such as average cases per 10k population, projected cases in four days and projected cases in seven days.
- Trend Analysis: a pdf document which includes graphs of the COVID-19 virus over time, such as total tests versus percent positive/negative or COVID-19 cases and deaths over time.
- World Cases: the number of cases and deaths by country, as well as a graph of cases over time.
- Resources: a pdf document of the data and related sources and resources for each tab described previously.
- Depending on screen size, some tabs may be truncated and available via a drop-down at the top right.