CAGUAS, Puerto Rico – Disaster recovery centers that are jointly run by the Government of Puerto Rico and FEMA are open in Guánica, Guayanilla, Peñuelas, Ponce, Utuado and Yauco to assist survivors of the earthquakes that began Dec. 28.
The centers have regular hours from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days a week.
Coliseo Mariano “Tito” Rodriguez
Guánica, PR 00653
Lat. 17.9756, Long.-66.9059
Estadio Municipal Luis A. “Pegui” Mercado Toro (parking lot)
PR-2 Guayanilla, PR 00656
Lat. 18.02304, Long. -66.78715
Centro Comunal Alturas 2
Peñuelas, PR 00624
Lat. 18.061194, Long. -66.732472
Complejo Polideportivo Los Caobos (Cancha de Baloncesto)
Avenida Los Caobos
Ponce, PR 00716
Lat. 17.9984, Long. -66.5888
Coliseo Municipal Jorge “Peco” Gonzalez
Avenida Rolando Cabanas
Utuado, PR 00641
Lat. 18.2792, Long. -66.7068
Coliseo Raúl “Pipote” Oliveras
Yauco, PR 00698
Lat. 18.0331, Long. -66.8593
The 16 municipalities designated for federal assistance are Adjuntas, Cabo Rojo, Corozal, Guánica, Guayanilla, Jayuya, Lajas, Lares, Maricao, Peñuelas, Ponce, San Germán, San Sebastián, Utuado, Villalba and Yauco.
Disaster recovery centers provide survivors an opportunity to meet face-to-face with representatives of the Government of Puerto Rico, FEMA, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other agencies and voluntary organizations to discover what assistance is available to them.
There are several ways to apply for FEMA assistance:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800 462-7585. For Spanish, press 2. Phone lines are open 8 a.m. to midnight, local time, seven days a week. Multilingual operators are on duty
- Visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Use the FEMA disaster app on your smartphone. You can download the app at www.fema.gov/mobile-app
- Disaster Survivor Assistance teams are visiting affected communities to help survivors apply for assistance and to help with referrals to voluntary agencies
- Visit any disaster recovery center and speak with the staff. Find the nearest center at www.FEMA.gov/DRC
FEMA’s mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters.
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362) or 711 for Video Relay Service. Multilingual operators are available. (Press 2 for Spanish.) TTY call 800-462-7585.
Follow us at: