As of Oct. 16, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Taylor County residents, local governments and private non-profits have received about $981,000 in total federal funds:
- 44 homeowners and renters have been approved for nearly $95,000 in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- As of Sept. 17, 23 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $717,000 in claims have been paid.
- As of Oct. 1, more than $91,000 in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for two homeowners and renters.
- FEMA has provided nearly $78,000 to the state to help local governments and private non-profits in Taylor County with Hurricane Michael-related expenses.
- 20 homeowners have been approved for basic housing repairs.
- 22 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- Four survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- As part of the $78,000 provided to date to help local governments and private non-profits:
- More than $52,000 was reimbursement for emergency protective measures.