As of Oct. 15, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Holmes County residents, local governments and private non-profits have received about $2.9 million in total federal funds:
- 229 homeowners and renters have been approved for nearly $504,000 in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- As of Oct. 1, nearly $1.6 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 55 homeowners and renters and six businesses.
- FEMA has provided nearly $799,000 to the state to help local governments and private non-profits in Holmes County with Hurricane Michael-related expenses.
- 121 homeowners have been approved for basic housing repairs.
- 75 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- 141 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- As part of the $799,000 to date provided to help local governments and private non-profits:
- More than $223,000 was reimbursement for debris removal and more than $225,000 for emergency protective measures.