JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – More than $60 million in federal grants, loans and insurance payments have now gone to Missourians to assist in the recovery from this spring and summer’s flooding and tornadoes.
The funds include grants to households from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, payments from the National Flood Insurance Program on insurance claims and low-interest disaster recovery loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration:
As of Sept. 4:
- FEMA has approved more than $6.7 million in grants for 1,445 Missouri individuals and households; these grants serve as assistance for housing-related expenses and for serious needs caused by the disaster.
- SBA has approved more than $11.8 million in low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters and businesses.
- 213 homeowners/renters approved for $10,389,800
- 11 businesses/nonprofit loans approved for $1,446,900
As of Aug. 31:
- FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program has paid more than $42 million in claims with an average payout of $39,614.
Time is now running short for Missourians to apply for FEMA individual assistance and SBA disaster recovery loans. Individuals have until Sept. 9 to register with FEMA and to submit SBA disaster recovery loan applications.
FEMA help is available for individuals and households in 26 counties: Andrew, Atchison, Boone, Buchanan, Callaway, Carroll, Chariton, Cole, Greene, Holt, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lewis, Lincoln, Livingston, McDonald, Miller, Newton, Osage, Pike, Platte, Pulaski, St. Charles and Saline.
Missourians can register until Sept. 9 in one of the following ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
- By phone at the disaster assistance helpline: 800-621-FEMA (3362), v/vp/711 or 800-462-7585 (TTY). Lines are open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Businesses have until April 9, 2020 to submit SBA loan applications for economic injury.
Missouri survivors with additional needs resulting from the April 29- July 5 storms and flooding should call 2-1-1 for assistance.
Follow recovery updates in Missouri on Twitter @MOSEMA_ and @FEMARegion7. Get the latest information at Missouri's recovery website and FEMA's disaster webpage. For information on applying for an SBA loan, call 800-659-2955 or email SBA's disaster customer service. If you are deaf or hard-of-hearing, call text relay at 800-877-8339.
FEMA's mission is helping people before, during and after disasters.