OKLAHOMA CITY – Okfuskee County has been added to the federal disaster declaration issued for Oklahoma on July 12 for the severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds and flooding that occurred April 30 to May 1. Okfuskee is now eligible to apply for FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) funding to supplement state and local recovery efforts.
FEMA’s PA program reimburses counties, states, tribes and certain nonprofit organizations for eligible costs of disaster-related debris removal, emergency protective measures and repair and replacement of disaster-damaged facilities, such as roads, bridges, public utilities, including water treatment and electrical plants, government buildings and parks.
FEMA normally pays 75 percent of the approved cost and the state and local government share the remaining 25 percent.
The 18 other counties previously approved for Public Assistance for this disaster incident period are: Alfalfa, Atoka, Bryan, Coal, Craig, Kay, Lincoln, Love, Major, Noble, Nowata, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pittsburg, Pushmataha, Stephens and Tillman.