Main Content

Four Oklahoma Counties Added to Disaster Declaration for Public Assistance Funding

Release date: 
August 2, 2019
Release Number: 
NR DR-4438-OK 040

OKLAHOMA CITY – Four more counties in Oklahoma are now eligible to apply for FEMA’s Public Assistance funding to supplement state and local recovery efforts in areas that sustained damage from the severe storms, straight-line winds, tornadoes and flooding between May 7 and June 9, 2019.


Caddo, Kay, Kiowa and Woodward counties may now request reimbursements under the Public Assistance grant program. Assistance would cover eligible disaster-related debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair or rebuilding of public facilities, such as roads, bridges, water control facilities, buildings, equipment, public utilities, parks and recreational facilities.


The president’s June 1, 2019 major disaster declaration was amended to add the four counties to 41 counties already designated for Public Assistance. Public Assistance reimbursements are made on a cost-sharing basis (75 percent federal share) to counties, municipalities, state, tribes, and certain private nonprofit organizations for emergency work, restoration of infrastructure and direct federal assistance.


The 41 counties previously approved for Public Assistance are Adair, Alfalfa, Beaver, Beckham, Blaine, Canadian, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Custer, Delaware, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harper, Jackson, Kingfisher, Le Flore, Logan, Lincoln, Mayes, Muskogee, Nowata, Osage, Okfuskee, Pawnee, Payne, Pottawatomie, Pittsburg, Pushmataha, Rogers, Roger Mills, Sequoyah, Tulsa, Wagoner, Washington, Washita and Woods.


# # #


FEMA's mission is to help before, during and after disasters. Follow us on Twitter at and the FEMA Blog at


Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property. These disaster loans cover losses not fully compensated by insurance or other recoveries and do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations. For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling 800-659-2955, emailing, or visiting SBA’s website at Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call 800-877-8339.

Last Updated: 
August 2, 2019 - 14:57