Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Pender County residents and local governments have been approved for approximately $133.6 million in state and federal funds.
• More than $17.6 million in state and federal grants have gone to 2,684 homeowners and renters.
• As of June 5, 1,309 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $63.9 million in claims have been paid to date.
• Nearly $47.7 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 830 homeowners and businesses.
• FEMA has provided more than $4.4 million to the state to help local governments in Pender County with Hurricane Florence-related expenses.
• From September to March, 83 displaced households received hotel stays through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
• Pender County was approved for FEMA Direct Temporary Housing Assistance. o As of June 12, 163 households are licensed in to temporary housing units, and 45 households have successfully moved on to their permanent housing solution.
• Pender County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal and emergency protective measures Sept. 14, 2018 and permanent work Oct. 12, 2018.
• To date, 15 Requests for Public Assistance were received and 12 approved.
• An applicant briefing was held Oct. 17, 2018.