Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Brunswick County residents and local governments have been approved for approximately $66.5 million in state and federal funds:
• Nearly $7.4 million in state and federal grants have gone to 1,917 homeowners and renters.
• As of June 5, 1,078 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $23.5 million in claims have been paid to date.
• Nearly $27.3 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 678 homeowners and businesses.
• FEMA has provided more than $8.3 million to the state to help local governments in Brunswick County with Hurricane Florence-related expenses.
• From September to March, 57 displaced households received free hotel stays through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
• Brunswick County was approved for FEMA Direct Temporary Housing Assistance. o As of June 12, 29 households are licensed in to temporary housing units, and eight households have successfully moved on to their permanent housing solution.
• Brunswick County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal and emergency protective measures Sept. 14 and permanent work Oct. 12.
• To date, 47 Requests for Public Assistance were received and 42 approved to date.
• An applicant briefing was held Oct. 15, 2018.