Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Carteret County residents and local governments have been approved for approximately $131.3 million in state and federal funds:
• More than $7.9 million in state and federal grants have gone to 2,416 homeowners and renters.
• As of March 26, 2,451 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $61.4 million in claims have been paid to date.
• Nearly $49.6 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 1,104 homeowners and businesses.
• FEMA has provided more than $12.4 million to the state to help local governments in Carteret County with Hurricane Florence-related expenses.
• From September to March, 56 displaced households received hotel stays through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
• Carteret County has been approved for FEMA Direct Temporary Housing Assistance. Travel trailers and manufactured housing units have been provided for eligible applicants. o As of May 14, 24 households are licensed in to temporary housing units, and two households have successfully moved on to their permanent housing solution.
• Carteret County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal and emergency protective measures Sept. 14 and permanent work Oct. 12.
• To date, 22 Requests for Public Assistance were received and 20 approved.
• An applicant briefing was held Oct. 8, 2018.