Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Brunswick County residents and local governments have been approved for approximately $61.3 million in state and federal funds:
• More than $7.3 million in state and federal grants have gone to 1,916 homeowners and renters.
• As of March 26, 1,066 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $22.9 million in claims have been paid to date.
• More than $27 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 675 homeowners and businesses.
• FEMA has provided nearly $4.1 million to the state to help local governments in Brunswick County with Hurricane Florence-related expenses.
• From September to March, 57 displaced households received free hotel stays through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
• Brunswick County has been approved for FEMA Direct Temporary Housing Assistance. Travel trailers and manufactured housing units may be provided for eligible applicants. o As of April 23, 32 households are licensed in to temporary housing units, and 3 households have successfully moved on to their permanent housing solution.
• Brunswick County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal and emergency protective measures Sept. 14 and permanent work Oct. 12.
• As of April 23, 47 Requests for Public Assistance were received and 42 approved to date.
• An applicant briefing was held Oct. 15.