March 13, 2019
R4-DR-4399-FL FS 041 – JACKSON COUNTY
As of March 11, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, residents of Jackson County have
received nearly $62 million in total federal funds:
- 5,989 individuals and households have been approved for more than $12.4 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- 14 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $147,681 in claims have been paid. (As of Feb. 25)
- Nearly $49.5 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans havebeen approved for 1,127 homeowners and renters and 69 businesses. (As of March 12)
- More than $7.2 million has been approved for basic housing repairs for 2,003 homeowners.
- 7,884 home inspections have been issued with 99.8 percent completed.
- 2,242 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance outreach more than 13,000 survivors were connected with disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide.
- 2,307 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- 34 survivor households are checked into hotels through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has installed 839 blue roofs in Jackson County, representing 839 families who are able to live in their homes while they make permanent repairs.
- 59 households have been licensed-in in Jackson County under FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing Assistance program. Working with Florida Division of Emergency Management, Jackson County and Volunteer Florida, debris is being cleared from private and commercial sites.
- More than 6.1 million cubic yards of debris has been removed in Jackson County.
Outreach to Survivors:
- The disaster recovery center for Jackson County at the University Extension Office in Marianna opened Oct. 23 and closed Jan. 31 after assisting 7,290 visitors.
March 13, 2019 - 09:01