March 13, 2019
R4-DR-4399-FL FS 041 – GULF COUNTY
As of March 11, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Gulf County residents have received
more than $130.2 million in total federal funds:
- 2,798 individuals and households have been approved for nearly $9.9 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- 954 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $70.7 million in claims have been paid. (As of Feb. 25)
- More than $49.6 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans havebeen approved for 740 homeowners and renters and 81 businesses. (As of March 12)
- Nearly $6.5 million has been approved for basic housing repairs for 928 homeowners.
- 3,618 home inspections have been issued with 99.7 percent completed.
- 794 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance outreach more than 5,400 survivors were connected with disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide.
- 1,179 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- 22 survivor households are checked into hotels through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has installed 704 blue roofs in Gulf County, representing 704 families who can live in their homes while they make permanent repairs.
- 53 households are licensed-in in Gulf County under FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing Assistance program. Working with Florida Division of Emergency Management, Gulf County and Volunteer Florida, debris is being cleared from private and commercial sites.
- More than 1.7 million cubic yards of debris has been removed in Gulf County.
Outreach to Survivors:
- Disaster recovery centers in Port St. Joe opened Oct. 26 and have assisted 3,716 visitors. The Wewahitchka DRC opened Oct. 30 and closed Jan. 30 after assisting 2,272 visitors.
March 13, 2019 - 08:34